Planning a Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in planning an event! We would love to support you as you embark on this journey. Please remember we are a Missouri based nonprofit organization serving Missouri and the surrounding counties in Kansas and Illinois.
How to get started?
- Fill out an interest form to let SIDS Resources know your interest in planning an event. SIDS Resources will contact you to discuss your interest.
- Start brainstorming ideas for the event. We have had successful run/walks, golf tournaments, bowling, motorcycle rides and more. Where will the event be held? Who could help sponsor the event?
How we can help?
We provide support to families hosting events in many ways. Our staff is always willing to assist as you plan your event.
Here are a few ways we have helped families in the past:
- We can provide a 501 C3 letter and sample donation letter to assist in getting donations from businesses and sponsors for the event.
- We can provide informational brochures that can be given to participants or handed out at the event.
- We are able to share a sample press release, contacts in the community and tips for interviews.
- We have assisted with event flyer and registration form.
- We are able to publicize the event on our webpage, facebook and through our e-mail distribution list.
- We can provide our logo and information about SIDS Resources to be used on materials about the event.
- We can help recruit volunteers to assist at the event!
- We are able to share our knowledge of past events similar to what you are planning. Many times we are able to connect you with a family that has planned something similar.
- We can provide a template for thank you letters to be sent after the event.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions! We look forward to talking with you!
314-241-7437 or 1-800-421-3511 – Lori Behrens, Executive Director
1-800-421-3511 – Melissa Merriam, Development Coordinator