Coping with a Loss
Instant information from SIDS Resources
The SIDS Building Blocks Series provides information to help families, caregivers and children build the coping skills they need after a baby dies from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) or other SUDI (sudden, unexpected death of an infant).
The information on this website was edited by Charles A. Corr, Ph.D., and developed by the SIDS Resources, Inc. staff of St. Louis, Missouri and by volunteer members of the SIDS Building Blocks Task Force.
Select from the categories below to go directly to the relevant support information:
Learn more about the SIDS Building Block Series:
This series was initially funded by contributions from the following sponsors:
- The Koenig Family, in Memory of Louis Edward Koenig
- United Way of Greater St. Louis, Venture Grant Fund
- The York Children’s Foundation
- McDonnell Douglas Employees’ Community Fund
- Mallinckrodt Medical
About the SIDS Resources’ Building Blocks Series
SIDS Resources works with families, friends, and child-care providers to offer support and to supply current, pertinent, medical information about SIDS. Ongoing support is available to families and friends through individual counseling, support group sessions, home visits, peer contacts, and research update meetings. SIDS Resources also offers education, support, and resources for professionals who serve individuals impacted by SIDS and for the community at large.
The SIDS Building Blocks Series is an informative collection of booklets designed to focus on the needs of individuals who have experienced the tragedy of SIDS and professionals who may encounter those who have experienced SIDS.
SIDS Building Blocks Task Force Members
- Charles A. Corr, Ph.D., Chairperson
- Lisa Baum, Funeral Director
- Jan Boesch, SIDS Parent
- Richelle S. Clark, RN, PNP, MHA
- Pat Codden, RN, MSN
- Lauretta Coleman, SIDS Parent
- William Ferzacca, MA
- Ronald Jones, Funeral Director
- Robert Knight, MSW
- Robert L. Lewis, Ph.D.
- Jean McLane, SIDS Parent
- Dorothea Mostello, MD, SIDS Parent
- Pamela E. Paffett, Child-Care Resource and Referral Specialist
- Rena Ridenour, RN, MSN
- Claudia Sarber, SIDS Grandparent
- Dave Sarber, SIDS Parent
- Bridgette Sargent, Child-Care Provider
- Sue Smorodin, SIDS Parent
- Sue Treiffeisen, M.Ed.
- Debbie VanRyn, SIDS Parent
Materials Order Form
Mothers in Sympathy and Support – www.misschildren.org
Grieving Dads – www.grievingdads.com
Bereaved Parents of the USA – www.bereavedparentsusa.org
Compassionate Friends – www.compassionatefriends.org
SHARE – http://www.nationalshare.org/
SIDS Families – www.sidsfamilies.com
Center for Loss in Multiple Birth – http://climb-support.org/