Services Provided through the Bereavement Program
Infant Loss Bereavement Program Services Include:
- Individual and family bereavement support including initial home or office visit.
- Monthly infant loss sharing groups and other groups as needed.
- Peer support connections with others who have experienced a similar loss.
- Ongoing telephone support and written correspondence through the first year after the death and beyond.
- Monthly bereavement support mailings
- Support for siblings, extended family members and friends.
- Information and/or presentations to co-workers.
- Bereavement Education programs for professionals.
- Information and support for child care providers who have lost a baby in their care.
- A lending library which includes books, videos and other materials regarding how to cope with grief plus research reviews.
- Memorial and commemorative events.
- All services are free of charge.
Resources for Bereaved Families
Services can be individualized to meet the needs of each family. Infant Loss Bereavement group meetings take place monthly in each of our service regions. Please call the SIDS Resources’ statewide office, (800) 421-3511, or the local office near you for more information. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.