Thank you for considering volunteering! There are many opportunities to assist SIDS Resources as a volunteer. Below are some ways that you could get involved. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Peer Contact. If you have experienced a loss yourself, you may go through a Peer Connection Training to assist newer families as a Peer Contact
- Assistance coordinating and maintaining a library of resources including newsletters, research articles, books, tapes, brochure
- We occasionally receive media requests for bereaved parent interviews and so keep a list of willing participants for this on an “as needed” basis.
- Delivering presentations through our Speaker’s Bureau
- Displaying materials at Health Fairs
- Preparing packets for presentations (which can be assembled at your home and returned to the SIDS office)
- Filling literature request orders
- Assisting in the development of materials through video recording, graphic design and/or desktop publishing and photography
- Data entry
- Copying, sending faxes, and assisting with mailings
- Serving as a committee member
- Designing and printing promotional materials
- Assisting with event planning (Development Board)
- Providing contact information for local corporate support requests
- Serving as a Board, Advisory Council or Development Board member.
To explore volunteer opportunities, please call your local office or e-mail Lori Behrens at firstname.lastname@example.org